Quick Links
Skip to main content Skip to navigation

My Blog


Ajax Loading Image


New Headline

February 5, 2018

Comments 0 Comments

This is my mom!

She's a Banner Bomber, too!

February 5, 2018

I love this lady.  She is 76 years young.  She got up and went walking in her neighborhood at 6:00 am.  If you ever wonder where I got my fashion sense, check out the Christmas lights on her ski cap!  I really like the Bomber sweatshirt, though.  Even in Corpus Christi, Texas, you still have to bundle up in February.  I remember her coming up here about 10 years ago and working in the flower bed out front.  She pulled weeds, planted flowers and pointed out the hole where the snake was coming in and out while she was doing all of her work.  She's not afraid of many things!  In her spare time she heads up a prayer chain and keeps us all on our knees praying for her neighbors, friends and family as we find out about their concerns through her text messages.  She is a "Going Granny"; I should say "Going Great Granny" as she has three grandkids and eight great grandkids!  I'm so thankful for my mom.

Comments 0 Comments

New Building, New Year and New Goals!

We need you!

September 18, 2017

Wow!  What a beautiful new building we have that also doubles as safe rooms for our students in the event of a tornado!  When so many schools are struggling to make ends meet, I am always in awe of our administration and school board for keeping us in the black.  We appreciate the school board's hard work and volunteering for such an important task.  Stay tuned for the grand opening event coming soon!


You will see many new faces this year as our enrollment has significantly increased requiring new teachers and staff.  Please welcome both students and adults to our Banner family.


Our PTA has challenged our school to be the first school in Oklahoma to be recognized as a National School of Excellence.  This will only happen when parents, students, community businesses, school supporters and school employees work together to make this the best possible school.  All too often 20% of the population do the work for the entire community.  We need the other 80% to help achieve the goals set out for 100% of our community.  Please don't think we can accomplish this without YOU!


Volunteers are the behind the scenes workers that make everything run smoothly.  We need volunteers of all ages and all capacities.  If you are looking for a place that fits you, call the office and we can discuss your skills and desires.  There is a spot for YOU here at Banner School to meet the needs of our staff and students. 


Stay tuned for more updates and check the calendar frequently to see what's happening at Banner School!



Comments 0 Comments